Are you a business owner or event manager? Do you want to accelerate your business’ zero waste transition while engaging your team in a meaningful and impactful project? Our Zero Waste Business Certification is the perfect program to certify your zero waste journey! Our certification is designed to:
- Help businesses and organisations go above and beyond EU and national regulations
- Reduce their environmental impact by decreasing their waste and resource consumption
- Improve resource management and operational efficiency, allowing for cost savings
- Develop a positive brand image and attract eco-conscious customers
- Align and comply with the latest waste reduction regulations
- Foster a zero waste culture and employee engagement
- Encourage adaptability and innovation in a changing market
- Inspire their community and local waste reduction efforts
With the Business Certification, we encourage businesses and events to commit to more ambitious and sustainable goals while certifying their journey along the way.
Why become certified?
Built on Zero Waste Europe‘s established zero waste methodology, our certification program has many benefits for enterprises and organisations.
Who is it for?
HotelsStand out in your destination as the accommodation provider for waste-free holidays
RestaurantsReduce food waste, offer circular takeaway containers, and much more to demonstrate to your customers that dining at your establishment is a greener experience
OfficesGive your office users a productive and zero waste workday
EventsBe the festival that makes sure everything from the venue flows to good use
How does it work?
Our Zero Waste Business Certification is structured around a scorecard system and criteria that set high standards. Certification for a business or event requires meeting three sets of criteria, following a modular structure.
A module is specific to your business sector. With this, we ensure you belong to your industry’s best performers.
Approved mentors and auditors
Our Zero Waste Business Certification can only be granted by mentors, experts, and auditors specifically accredited by Mission Zero Academy (MiZA). MiZA managed the entire certification process, ensuring compliance and continuous program improvement. Our independent, third-party-assessed certification standard is founded on over ten years of professional expertise and on-the-ground experience conducted by Zero Waste Europe (ZWE). MiZA acts as a liaison between businesses, events, and ZWE’s initiatives, accelerating the fulfillment of your zero-waste commitments at the implementation level.