Extending product lifetime through reuse has a significant positive social and environmental impact.
Moving forward, it should be the driving force of strategies enabling Europe to transition towards a circular economy. Reuse is a powerful catalyst to create local jobs and strengthen the local economy all the while preventing resource waste and pollution. When operated by social enterprises, these activities offer additional job and training opportunities for individuals of all levels and backgrounds, including the most vulnerable groups in our communities.
To help the sharing of good practices in this field, RREUSE is organising a study tour tailored for representatives of local, regional and national authorities, municipalities and public waste companies wishing to develop reuse activities in their territories using a social enterprise model.
As the legal profile of reuse and preparation of reuse improved significantly under the revised EU Waste Framework Directive, it is now time to mainstream reuse.
Municipalities and the public sector are key in bringing these activities to the attention of citizens and ensuring their communities are more resourceful, resilient and enjoyable places to live.
What you will experience
- Interactive video site visit of a reuse facility operated by a social enterprise responsible for collecting and treating household goods including textiles and electric and electronic
- Online workshop on practical aspects of how public authorities can support reuse organisations and activities from a legal, economic and partnership perspective.
- Putting a spotlight on the most pertinent aspects of reuse for the public sector including measuring reuse, separate textile collection, Extended Producer Responsibility, public
- procurement as well as supporting the development of social enterprise.
- Opportunities for exchange directly with practitioners in the field of reuse and repair as well as municipalities from across Europe.
- Learning in a small group to fully engage and profit from the tour.
About our partners
RREUSE is an international network representing social enterprises active in reuse, repair and recycling. Since 2001, RREUSE supports and champions the development of social enterprise in the circular economy through innovative policies, partnerships and best practices.
Audience: The content of the event is primarily tailored for representatives of local, regional and national authorities, municipalities and public waste companies.
- The content of the event is primarily tailored for representatives of local, regional and national authorities, municipalities and public waste companies wishing to develop reuse activities in their territories using a social enterprise model. Please take that into account upon your registration.
- In order to ensure diversity, a maximum of 2 participants from the same municipality or organisation can register.
More information and the draft agenda here.
Public authorities and public waste management companies outside of countries listed below*
Public authorities and public waste management companies from countries listed below*
Other participants e.g. private waste companies, Producer Responsibility Organisations etc. (limited number)
Members of RREUSE (limited number)
*Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Hungary, Portugal, Latvia, Greece, Romania, Croatia, Bulgaria, Belarus, Montenegro, Serbia, North Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Ukraine, Moldova.
Prices include both parts of the study tour (day one and day two), a complete hand-out with all presentations and data sheets of the visited installations and a certificate of participation.
Cancellation policy: Cancellation before 4 May 2021 – 60 % of the registration fee will be refunded; Cancellation after 4 May 2021 – No refund possible.
N.B If you are a Zero Waste Europe member a discount for the full price public authorities ticket (300 EUR – compared to the 400 EUR) will be applied. For more information, please contact email@example.com.