Do you own or work in a restaurant or hotel? Want to accelerate your business’ zero waste transition? Mission Zero Academy’s (MiZA) Zero Waste Business (ZWB) Certification is the perfect way for European SMEs to certify your zero waste journey! By getting certified, you:
- commit to more ambitious circular goals
- implement greener and more sustainable policies and solutions in waste reduction and management
- promote circular economy practices at the local level
With the Business Certification we aim to go a step further in reducing waste, by working with enterprises and finding solutions to reduce the amount of produced waste (prevention). We search for ways to introduce circular value chains and effectively minimize the amount of waste produced.
Why a Zero Waste Business Certification
Based on the established Zero Waste Methodology by Zero Waste Europe, the Certification is designed to tailor your needs and expectations.
- Trust and credibility. Become recognised as a zero waste business frontrunner and showcase your work.
- Compliance. Meet and go beyond national and EU requirements, thanks to the proven Certification model.
- Value for money. Save time and costs by an effective resource and waste management solution.
- Environment and health protection. Help reduce pollution and cut down emissions.
- Zero waste expertise. Access greater ZW expertise through online resources and local in-person guidance.
- Customer satisfaction. Customers are increasingly environmentally conscious. Make your customers happy and satisfied on your way towards circular economy and zero waste implementation.
Become an early adopter
Be one of the first 100 restaurants or hotels to start the journey to zero waste, and become an early adopter! Read more about the benefits.
How does it work
Follow these 4 steps and get certified!
- GET STARTED
Welcome on board! Assess your current situation with your appointed local expert and comply with the first set of criteria. Become an ‘On the road to Zero Waste‘ Business and use the label proudly in your communications.
- IMPLEMENT YOUR PLAN
Comply with the second set of criteria (general and sector-specific modules – see below) and get all the support you need from our local partners.
- ACHIEVE IMPRESSIVE RESULTS
Reach impressive results and changes, that the External Auditor will need to verify.
- BECOME A ZERO WASTE CHAMPION
After the Audit’s confirmation, become a Zero Waste Certified Business in your sector. Check and update your plans once a year with MiZA’s support and keep improving!
- On the road to Certification: same criteria for all businesses. Includes the commitment to zero waste and the necessary foundation which sets you up for success. You can download the criteria here.
- General module: same criteria for all businesses. Includes basic actions that are applicable to all businesses regardless of sector. You can download the criteria here.
- Sector-specific module: choose the one applicable to your sector. With this, we ensure that you belong to the best performers in your industry and you can be proud of your certification. Please note that the ZWB Certification can only be issued by specialists and independent third-party auditors accredited by MiZA. We oversee the whole Certification process, monitor compliance and further develop the system. This independent, third party assessed certification standard is based on over ten years of professional expertise and experience on the ground – performed by Zero Waste Europe (ZWE). MiZA works as a connection point between businesses and ZWE’s work, by further accelerating the fulfilment of your zero waste commitments at implementation level.
Who is the Certification for
- Restaurants: reduce food waste, have circular take-away containers and much more to prove to your customers that dinners at your place are a green experience. Discover here the criteria.
- Hotels: stand apart in your destination as the accommodation provider for wasteless holidays. Discover here the criteria.
- Offices, events and groceries: this certification will be launched in a later stadium.
Become a sponsor
Is your company acting in a different sector? Sponsor MiZA! You will be supporting the implementation of prevention and reuse strategies, optimised separate collection and increased recycling coupled with job creation, cost savings and community resilience. By donating, you will get access to the Sponsor Badge and get mentioned on MiZA’s website. Discover more about becoming a sponsor.
Eager to boost your business’ circular transition?
Contact us to join the ZWB Certification!
"*" indicates required fields