Mission Zero Academy’s partner in Estonia, Let’s Do It Foundation, has launched a new Zero Waste Trainer Course that will start in October 2023. This is an excellent opportunity for zero waste advocates in northern Europe to take a first step in becoming a Mission Zero Academy mentor. You will learn more about setting up and implementing a training programme in zero waste fields, which is a skill that will be valuable if you aim to be one of our mentors.
Apply here for the course. Deadline September 15th. Applicants will be notified of their eligibility for attendance by September 18th.
What will you learn?
- The basics of learning psychology
- How to teach zero waste topics and skills effectively
- How to take into account the needs of the learners
- How to create motivating learning environments
- How to better assess learning
The training is based on the Zero Waste Trainer Curriculum.
Who can apply?
- You are based or work in one of the following countries: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Sweden
- You have good working knowledge of written and spoken English
- You work (including volunteering) in the field of waste management, zero waste, circular economy or any other sustainability field
- At least some of your work is focused on local (municipality) level
- You have a good knowledge of zero waste principles and their practical implementation or you have participated in the Zero Waste Ambassador programme
- You have some experience in running workshops and other educational activities
The course will comprise of:
- four weekly online sessions in October; and
- a 3-day onsite training in the beginning of November in Tallinn, Estonia.
Oct 2nd, Oct 9th, Oct 16th, Oct 23rd
Individual reading tasks accompany each session
On-site training days:
1st-3rd of November in Tallinn, Estonia.
Follow-up webinar: 27th of November, 4pm-5pm CET
The participation is free for applicants with the support of The Council of the Baltic Sea States. Participants must cover their own travelling and accommodation costs.
After the training
Upon meeting all the requirements the participants will receive a proof of completion. This will give the possibility to apply for the Zero Waste Trainer Certificate (for a separate fee). Certified Ambassadors and Trainers from all across Europe are listed on the Zero Waste Europe’s expert page. An expert certification will give you confidence in carrying out your mission. It also can advance you in your career. Qualified knowledge in implementing circular economy is increasingly sought after in all sectors and various positions.